Sunday, November 13, 2011
This post talks about the Front end navigations related to Item Cross References.
- How to create a cross reference type?
- Which form is used to assign the Item cross reference type and Items?
- How to define cross reference name for an item?
- Is there a standard report to show the list of cross references?
1. How to create a cross reference type?
Cross Reference : This form can be used to capture the reference information pertaining to an item, like drawing number, vendor part number, etc.
This is available at Inventory >> Items >> Cross References
In this form, user can define the list of cross references applicable for the Items. This list will be available at the Item master.
2. Which form is used to assign the Item cross reference type and Items?
New Cross reference label & description can be added in this form.
3. How to define cross reference name for an item?
After defining a cross reference, the value can be assigned to items using ASSIGN button. Select the item from the LOV and applicable value for the cross reference can be defined at VALUE column. Org assigning feature also avialble in this form.
After defining the Cross reference labels at the Cross Reference form, values for the labels can be assigned from Item Master form as well.
Query the Item record >> Tools menu >> Cross Reference >> Select the Cross Reference Type >> Assign Values for the Cross Reference Labels >> Save
4. Is there a standard report to show the list of cross references?
There is report at Inventory to view the Cross Reference Listing by items.
Name of the Report : Item Cross-References Listing
Thats all folks!!!! please provide your comments to improve our team and readers knowledge....
Do you think this Article is useful?
The ideas, thoughts and concepts expressed here are my own. They, in no way reflect those of my employer or any other organization/client that I am associated. The articles presented doesn't imply to any particular organization or client and are meant only for knowledge Sharing purpose. The articles can't be reproduced or copied without the Owner's knowledge or permission.