Sunday, February 28, 2010
- All the pl/sql packages will be created in APPS Schema
- All the views will be created in APPS Schema
- For each table in individual schema, there will exist one synonym in APPS schema
- Tables are not created in APPS schema.
- Every implementation has at least 1 custom schema, where custom tables are created. For each custom table created by you, you will need to create a Synonym in APPS schema
- As a developer, you will either connect to APPS Schema or to the custom schema where you will create new tables.
Custom tables are generally required in Oracle ERP because:-
1. You wish to create a custom screens ( your own screen to capture some info) for a functionality that is not delivered by Oracle
2. Pre-Interface tables ( Interface will certainly be discussed in one of the latter chapters)
3. Temp processing
4. Staging of data for third party extract interfaces….and much more
Do you think this Article is useful?
The ideas, thoughts and concepts expressed here are my own. They, in no way reflect those of my employer or any other organization/client that I am associated. The articles presented doesn't imply to any particular organization or client and are meant only for knowledge Sharing purpose. The articles can't be reproduced or copied without the Owner's knowledge or permission.